Roche Corporate Privacy Statement
F. Hoffmann La-Roche AG’s
Online Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting a Roche Web site or interacting with us via e-mail. At Roche, we understand that protecting the privacy of visitors to our Websites is very important and that information about your health is particularly sensitive. That’s why we have taken the necessary steps to meet worldwide data privacy requirements. We treat your “personal data” according to the Roche Directive on the Protection of Personal Data“, and to the laws of the EU, Switzerland and other applicable local laws which regulate the storage, process, access and transfer of personal data.
We only collect personally identifiable information about you if you choose to give it to us. We do not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing use unless you explicitly give us permission to do so. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect information online.
The following paragraph needs to be applied only if your site provides an active form of collecting the users’ consent to the use of their data: By selecting „I agree“, you are authorizing Roche to transmit your personal data and any subsequent data obtained in relation to it including, but not limited to, information obtained from interviews, tests or references.
There are two general methods that Roche uses to collect personal information online:
· Information we obtain/receive
- Personal information: You may access general information on our Web sites without providing any personal information. However we may collect your personally identifiable information (such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other identifying information) only when you choose to access specialized content.
- Aggregate information: In some cases we also remove personal identifiers from data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider and therapeutic areas), helpful to us in improving our products and services.
· Automatically Collected Information
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our sites and in some e-mails we may send each other. Automatic technologies we use may include, for example, Web server logs/IP addresses, cookies and Web beacons.
- Web Server Logs/IP Addresses: An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Roche collects IP addresses to conduct system administration and report aggregate information to affiliates, business partners and/or vendors to conduct site analysis and Website performance review.
- Web Beacons: On certain web pages or e-mails, Roche may utilize a common Internet technology called a "web beacon" (also known as an "action tag" or "clear GIF technology.") Web beacons help analyze the effectiveness of Web sites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
- Web beacons: cookies and other tracking technologies do not automatically obtain personally identifiable information about you. Only if you voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, such as by registering or sending e-mails, can these automatic tracking technologies be used to provide further information about your use of the websites and/or interactive e-mails to improve their usefulness to you.
You have several choices regarding your use of our websites. You could decide not to submit any personally identifiable information at all by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our sites and not using any available personalized services. If you choose to submit personal data, you have the right to see and correct your data at any time by accessing the application. Certain sites may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request. As described above, if you wish to prevent cookies from tracking you anonymously as you navigate our sites, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Roche uses technology and security precautions, rules and other procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of your data, Roche uses also industry standard firewalls and password protection. It is, however, your personal responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software, such as trojans, computer viruses and worm programs. You are aware of the fact that without adequate security measures (e.g. secure web browser configuration, up-to-date antivirus software, personal firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources) there is a risk that the data and passwords you use to protect access to your data, could be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
Use of Data and Disclosure of Personal Information
Roche, including the subsidiaries, divisions and groups worldwide and/or the companies we hire to perform services on our behalf will use any personally identifiable information you choose to give us to comply with your requests. We will retain control of and responsibility for the use of this information. Some of this data may be stored or processed at computers located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and all countries within Roche Management Centre South Africa , whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. In such cases, we will ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the data that are equivalent to those that apply in the country in which you live.
Roche collects personal information at different times which could be used for a number of purposes, such as business activities and functions and/or provide best possible quality of customer service. Listed below are reasons why Roche may collect and store your personal information:
Ø Contact you (provide information and or materials)
Ø With respect to Roche services
Ø Updates on medical congresses, events and news
Ø Update on regional treatment and pharmaceutical guidelines
Ø To maintain your contact details in our records
Ø To fulfill your requests
Your personal information may be stored, maintained and processed on computers or web based database systems at Roche which may be accessed by and shared with any affiliates within the Global Roche Group, third parties working with Roche affiliates and/or regulatory authorities or as required by law. Where applicable we will implement measures to require these parties working with Roche to comply with the local and regional data privacy laws and the terms of this policy.
Roche will not sell nor communicate your personally identifiable information to any third parties for any commercial purposes.
This information will be helpful for us to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. It helps us also to personalize certain communications with you about services and promotions that you might find interesting. For example, we may analyze the gender or age of visitors to sites about a particular medication or disease state, and we may use that analysis of aggregate data internally or share it with others.
Data Sharing and Transfer
Roche shares personally identifiable data about you with various outside companies or agents working on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions, such as providing customer services, sending marketing communications about our products, services and offers, and doing technological maintenance. We may also share personally identifiable data with our company's subsidiaries and affiliates. All these companies and agents are required to comply with the terms of our privacy policies.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information for these purposes:
(a) in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of the site to which the data relates;
(b) to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; or
(c) where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
No Third-Party Direct Marketing Use. We will not sell or otherwise transfer the personally identifiable information you provide to us at our Web sites to any third parties for their own direct marketing use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent for your data to be shared in this manner.
E-mail a Friend or Colleague. On some Roche sites, you can choose to send a link or a message to a friend or colleague referring them to a Roche Web site. E-mail addresses you may provide for a friend will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by Roche or other third parties for additional purposes.
Links to Other Sites
Our sites contain links to a number of Web sites that may offer useful information to our visitors. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating to them directly for information on their privacy policies.
Privacy Statement for Children
Our Web sites are directed at an adult audience. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted. Additional Information on Web Sites If a Web site has particular provisions relating to privacy that differ from those stated here, those provisions will be disclosed to you on the page on which personally identifiable information is collected.
Note to Users of Business or Professional Web Sites
If you have a business or professional relationship with Roche, we may use information you submit on our sites, including sites intended specifically for business and professional users, to fulfill your requests and develop our business relationship with you and the entities you represent. We may also share such information with third parties acting on our behalf. Updates to Privacy Statement From time to time, Roche may revise this online Privacy Statement. Any such changes to this Privacy Statement will be promptly communicated on this page. Continued use of our sites after receiving notice of a change in our Privacy Statement indicates your consent to the use of newly submitted information in accordance with the amended Roche Privacy Statement. The effective date of this Privacy Statement is 06 November 2017.
How to Contact Roche
For questions or if you wish Roche to amend or delete your profile, please contact us via email email@example.com or in writing (by post), as follows:
Roche Products (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 55922
Pharmaceutical Division: 011 502 5000
Diagnostics Division: 011 504 4600
Diabetes Care: 011 504 4600
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this Privacy Statement applies to Roche Products (Pty) Ltd web sites.
Roche Corporate Legal Statement
No warranty and no liability
While Roche is making great efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this Website and disclaim any liability for the use of this site or any site linked to it. Roche may change this site at any time without notice but does not assume any responsibility to update it. All users agree that all access and use of this Website and on any Website linked to from this site and the content thereof is at their own risk. Neither Roche nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website or on any Website linked to from this site shall be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this Website or any Website linked to from this site, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
No offer and no solicitation
The information provided on this Website does not constitute an offer of or solicitation for the purchase or disposal of, trading or any transaction in any Roche securities. Investors must not rely on this information for investment decisions. This page may contain forward-looking information. Such information is subject to a variety of significant uncertainties, including scientific, business, economic and financial factors, and therefore actual results may differ significantly from those presented.
Links to third party pages are provided for convenience only. We do not express any opinion on the content of any third party pages and expressly disclaim any liability for all third party information and the use of it.
All mentioned trademarks are owned by or licensed to a Member of the Roche Group.
The Website of Roche and the information contained and referenced therein are for informational purposes only. Any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. Request for permission to reproduce any information contained on this Website should be addressed to the Roche Webmaster
Legal Statement on Intended Country Audience
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Definitions and interpretation
- “Frame” means to organise the website into different frames, with each frame displaying a different html document, severing the link between the content and the URL;
- “Roche” means Roche Products (Proprietary) Limited (Registration Number:1947/027044/07);
- Roche MCSA, means Roche Management Centre South Africa which includes the following countries Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius and Madagascar;
- Roche-Infohub means the website displaying official Roche content;
- “Site content” means textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of the user experience the website;
- “User” means any person who access and/or uses the Roche website;
- “Website” means a collection of web pages (documents that are accessed through the Internet);
- Unless a contrary intention clearly appears words importing –
- any one gender include the other two genders;
- the singular include the plural and vice versa; and
- natural persons include created entities (corporate or unincorporate) and the state and vice versa.
Allowed use and license
- By accessing the Roche website the User agrees to the terms and conditions herein contained and all applicable laws.
- Roche authorises the User to view, download and print the content of the Roche website, provided that such contents are used for personal, educational and/or non-commercial purposes.
- Content on the Roche website may not be used for any commercial or non-private use without the prior written consent of Roche.
- Users may only access and use the Roche website for lawful purposes.
- No person may frame the Roche website in any manner whatsoever without the prior written consent of Roche.
- Users are not allowed to copy, reproduce, reuse, retransmit, adapt, publish, frame, post, upload, modify, broadcast or distribute any Site content in any way with the exception of material and or information that has been uploaded and marked by Roche as being for reproduction.
- IP rights and domain names
- All intellectual property on the Roche website, including but not limited to trademarks, domain names, patents, text, graphics, software, icons, hyperlinks, software, design elements are the property of Roche and are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation.
- All Site content remains the sole property of the relevant content owner and is protected under all relevant copyright, trademark, patent and other applicable laws.
- Nothing on the Roche website should be construed as granting any licence or right to distribute content without the express written consent of Roche.
If for any reason any of the provisions contained herein are found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- Although Roche will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that the content on the Roche website is reliable, inaccuracies may occur. It is therefore important that the User acknowledges that -
- use of the website is at own risk;
- the website is provided to the User ‘as is’.
- The User is furthermore prohibited from –
- placing information, personal or otherwise, on the Roche website;
- posting comments on the Roche website;
- creating additional hyperlinks on the Roche website;
- defacing the Roche website;
- deleting, altering and/or amending content on the Roche website.
- Roche may provide hyperlinks to other websites not controlled by it. Such links do not imply the endorsement, agreement or support for the content of such other sites.
- Downloading material from these sites may risk infringing intellectual property.
- It is the User’s responsibility to access the authenticity of any website which may be hyperlinked to the Roche site.
- Roche is not responsible for ensuring that hyperlinks are operational.
- Although Roche acknowledges that a 100 percent secure online environment is unattainable, Roche is committed to taking reasonable security measures to safeguard the content of its website.
- The User’s privacy is very important to Roche. Any information provided to Roche is therefore stored on a secure server.
- Roche does not sell or rent personal information (such as name, address, email address, telephone or fax number) to third parties. Roche does, however, reserve the right to disclose aggregated information regarding its users and usage of the Roche Site (such as User demographics and traffic patterns) to, amongst others, advertisers and suppliers.
- Roche may disclose personal information in response to a specific request by a law enforcement agency, subpoena, court order, or as required by law.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- Information contained on the Roche website is for information purposes only and not intended to constitute professional and/or medical advice as circumstances will vary from person to person.
- Roche is not liable to Users for information posted on the Roche website.
- Roche is not liable for the actions of Users of the Roche website.
- By using the Roche website a User indemnifies, defends and holds harmless Roche, its lawful agents, employees and representatives from all damages, losses and expenses, including legal expenses arising from the following -
- any claims for the infringement of intellectual property rights, libel, defamation to any material the User may send to the Roche website;
- the User’s breach of any provisions of these terms and conditions of the Roche website;
- any claims, cost, loss, damage or expense, whether directly or indirectly, whether monetary or otherwise, which any person may suffer as a result of or in consequence of the use of or reliance of any information or material provided for on the Roche website;
- Roche, its lawful agents, employees and representatives are further indemnified in respect of any costs, losses, damages or expenses which any person may suffer as a result of entering into any transaction with any third party, including Roche, its lawful agents, employees and representatives as a result of or in consequence of the reliance of any information contained on the Roche website or any related site.
- In no event shall Roche, its lawful agents and representatives referred to in this website, be liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, whether for bodily, moral or material injury (including, without limiting, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, loss profits, expenses, costs, damage resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Roche website and the material contained therein, whether based on warranty, contractual or extra contractual liability, any other legal matters, and whether or not Roche, its lawful agents, employees and representatives is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Removal and correction of content
Users should report any untrue, inaccurate, illegal and/or harmful content appearing on the Roche website. Roche undertakes to correct and/or remove any such content as soon as it becomes aware thereof.
The terms and conditions set out herein constitute the whole agreement between the User and Roche and shall take precedence over any disclaimer and/or legal notices attached to any communications and/or postings received by Roche from the User.
- Any failure by Roche to exercise or enforce any rights or provisions shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or provisions.
- No amendment of these terms and conditions or any provision or term hereof or of any other conditions contained on this website shall be binding unless made by and recorded in written by Roche.
- To the extent permissible by law Roche shall not be bound by any express or implied term, representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein.
The Roche website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa, and therefore South African law governs the use of the Roche website.
The High Court of South Africa shall have jurisdiction with regard to any legal proceedings whatever arising in terms of this Agreement.
Roche shall not be liable for legal costs and expenses incurred by the User to obtain professional advice relating to these terms and conditions.
Breach of terms and conditions
Should the User breach any terms and conditions of this website, Roche shall be entitled, without prejudice to its rights in terms of the terms and conditions or at law, to claim damages from the User, commence criminal proceedings and/or obtain an interdict against the User.
Update of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions were last updated on 06 November 2017.